Your official Artisan Crafts group
Hello, my fellow artisans and crafters!
It's been a while since we last met. Sorry about that!
Today, we bring you another one of those "Special episodes" before going back to our regularly-scheduled romp through the alphabet. Today, we are going to talk about the topic of a recent poll called "Comment Month."
What was it?Yup, you read that right! "Comment Month" was a series of comment-drives that we ran from September 2016 all the way to September 2017. It involves three steps:
- For the duration of 1 week, we invite artisans to submit their work to receive constructive comments and criticisms. We accept everything under the "artisan crafts" and "Traditional -> Sculpture" category.
- For the next 3 weeks, we invite those who have submitted their work to comment on other people's submission. But you can comment if you didn't submit your work in as well. It's a free-for-all as long as your comments are constructive. If you commented, you and your work will be featured at the end of the month (that's part 3). The way you do that is to leave a comment on the journal to tell us that which pieces you have commented on.
- And at the end of the month... you and your work get featured.
Everybody gets something out of it. We have seen some really amazing crafts being submitted and we have seen some really amazing comments, too. The comments range from "you can use this colour or change that design" to "How to take the best darned photo you can to really sell your work."
What happened to it?Eventually, the number of participants waned and interest dwindled. We had to call it a day. However, unofficially, we have heard our friends at PhotographyGuide that there are still crafters out there looking for help with their work, mainly with feedback to their photography.
So, we want to hear it from you:
- If you are a crafter, do you think this is going to be something you will be interested in?
- If you are a photographer, would you be interested in helping out?
- Do you have any suggestions for us? (e.g. "One month is too short!" or "make it into a challenge!" or anything you can think of.) Just let us know!
We'll be waiting to hear back from you!
The Great Tutorial Round Up: B is for...
The Great Tutorial Round Up: C is for...
The Great Tutorial Round Up: D is for...
I is for...